Terms & Conditions
From the receipt of your HSBC Premier and Advance credit card you will automatically be enrolled into the My Rewards Points programme. You will begin collecting My Rewards Points which you can spend on rewards of your choice.
Please take a few minutes to read the terms and conditions below, as by using your HSBC Premier and Advance credit card you are agreeing to them.
My Rewards Points is free to join. You will be automatically enrolled when you start using your HSBC Premier and Advance credit card. We will set up a My Rewards Points account to record any Rewards Points collected or spent by you.
Should any of the following events occur, we reserve the right to terminate Membership and revoke any accrued My Rewards Points:
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions
- Supplying false or misleading information to us
- Abuse of any Membership privileges
- If you don’t use your HSBC Premier and Advance credit card for a period of fifteen months
- Death or bankruptcy
2. Collecting My Rewards Points
When using your HSBC Premier and Advance Credit Card you will automatically collect My Rewards Points and details of these Rewards Points will be featured on your next credit card statement.
My Rewards Points will send regular updates of your account balance including Rewards Points collected and spent.
3. Personal Information
We reserve the right at any time and without prior notice:
- To change these terms and conditions, the qualifying goods and services, the reward portfolio
and our earn partners
- To suspend or terminate the My Rewards Points programme
We will notify you of changes to your My Rewards Points account via your monthly statement
My Rewards Points have no monetary value and cannot be sold, transferred or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these terms and conditions
We cannot be held liable for any loss, theft, damage of a reward, whether in the course of delivery or otherwise.
All conditions and warranties, whether expressed or implied and whether arising under legislation or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any reward supplied are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Any liability that cannot be fully excluded is limited, where permitted, to replacing, repairing or crediting the value of the reward at our discretion.
All exclusions and limitations of liability in these terms and conditions apply for our security and the benefit of all reward providers. Reward providers do not have any authority, expressed or implied, to make any representation or warranty on our behalf.
5. Transfer of My Rewards Points
Rewards Points are personal to your My Rewards Points account and cannot normally be transferred. However, an account may be merged when a merger of HSBC credit card accounts happen by submitting the evident documents signed along with ID copies.
6. My Rewards Points Expiry
- Three Year My Rewards Points Expiry Policy
All Rewards Points earned up to 31st March 2010 will be subject to expiry on 31st March 2013. Rewards Points issued after 31st March 2010 will expire 3 years (36 months) after they have been issued.
- Fifteen Month Inactive Account Expiry Policy
We may close any My Rewards Points account in which no Rewards Points have been collected or redeemed for a continuous period of 15 months. Upon account closure, any Rewards Points in such account will expire.
7. Rewards terms and conditions
- My Rewards Points will maintain a ‘rewards catalogue’ on www.myrewardspoints.com specifying the products and services which are redeemable with Rewards Points
- Rewards from the My Rewards Points rewards catalogue can be redeemed via www.myrewardspoints.com or by contacting our customer service centre on 24762762 between the hours of 9am to 6pm (Oman time) from Sunday to Thursday, excluding Government and National Holidays. To spend Rewards Points against the rewards catalogue, members will have to be logged in at www.myrewardspoints.com or pass security criteria when calling the My Rewards Points customer service centre
- Rewards catalogue options and rewards price may be withdrawn or amended without prior notice
- On receipt of the My Rewards Points reward request, Rewards Points will automatically be deducted from the members account
- Rewards are subject to availability, suppliers warranties and restrictions at the time of claiming the reward
- For the purpose of redemption, the My Rewards Points member will directly enter into a sale/purchase relationship with the concerned supplier of the rewards. My Rewards Points shall only act as an agent for redemption of Rewards Points. Members agree that My Rewards Points can pass their name, address/email address and account number to the relevant reward supplier where required for them to fulfill the redemption
- Full rewards terms and conditions are available below
- At the time of requesting the reward, your current My Rewards Points balance must be at least equal to the total My Rewards Points value of the reward you are requesting
- All rewards are subject to availability. Stocks may be limited
- My Rewards Points rewards and the number of Rewards Points required are subject to change without notice
- The selection of reward suppliers is at the discretion of My Rewards Points
- All the rewards displayed on the website or in the rewards catalogue can only be redeemed by My Rewards Points members in the country registered
- Merchandise rewards are non cancellable and non refundable and cannot be exchanged for Rewards Points, cash or other rewards. In instances where a product is out of stock, the reward supplier may suggest a replacement and it is the members decision to accept or refuse the replacement. Where a replacement is not taken then a refund will be provided within 14 working days
- In instances where the product is faulty, the supplier warranty applies
- Reward products may change from time to time
- Some rewards may differ slightly from the image shown
- will be delivered directly by the reward provider within ten working days of redemption
- In instances where the courier company is unable to deliver and the member and/or the alternative contact person is unreachable, the reward will be returned back to the supplier and the redemption will be cancelled. A full refund will be provided within 14 working days of the return. Member will be notified of the failed delivery via email
- Reward vouchers are issued by My Rewards Points for use at the specified reward provider
- Reward vouchers are valid for 180 days from redemption and are not valid beyond the expiry date shown on the voucher
- Reward vouchers can be used towards purchases at participating reward provider outlets to the value mentioned on the reward voucher. Reward vouchers must be presented at the time of purchase
- Reward vouchers can be used as part payment. If the price of the purchase exceeds this value, the balance must be paid on purchase. If the price of the purchase is less than the value of the reward vouchers, no change will be given
- More than one reward voucher can be used per transaction
- Reward vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or type of gift voucher
- Reward vouchers may not be applicable for certain goods or services. Please check with the reward provider for any exclusion
- Damaged, defaced or photocopied vouchers will not be accepted
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash nor sold or transferred for value
- Vouchers remain the property of HSBC
- The goods or services purchased using reward vouchers are the responsibility of the rewards provider and not My Rewards Points
- Reward vouchers are non-cancellable and non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for points, cash or other rewards
- My Rewards Points or the reward provider is not responsible if reward vouchers are stolen or used without permission
- Reward provider standard terms and conditions also apply
- Vouchers ordered via the My Rewards Points website or customer service centre can be collected from the My Rewards Points office or sent to you via courier at an additional charge which will be applied at the time of redemption and is payable as Rewards Points
- Flight Rewards are subject to airline seat availability and applicable fare rules
- Flight Rewards are quoted based on the best available ticket price across all airlines for the chosen route, class of travel, passenger type, dates and times of travel. Flight Reward prices therefore vary dependent on these travel requirements, how far in advance travel is booked and airline seat availability
- Flight Reward prices apply for the whole flight ticket and include the airfare, My Rewards Points Customer Services Centre booking fee (if applicable), airport taxes, duties and charges (including government and other taxes). They do not include the airport taxes that are payable upon departure or arrival directly at certain airports. Flight Rewards can be paid for with a combination of Miles + Money. A minimum spend of 30,000 Rewards Points per member per ticket applies for Miles plus Money payments and the Money amount is payable with a Visa, MasterCard or JCB credit card only
- Flight Rewards can be booked for travel for members themselves or for anyone else they choose
- Ticket cannot be redeemed for unaccompanied minors. Ticket can only be redeemed for passengers under the age of 17 if a ticker for an accompanying adult over the age of 17 is being redeemed at the same time.
- Infant tickets can be paid for with My Rewards Points or Money but can only be booked if the accompanying adult ticket is being redeemed at the same time. Infant tickets cannot be booked separately and or added on to an existing booking at a later stage
- Additional tickets which need to be paid fully with money cannot be processed by My Rewards Points and must be booked directly with a travel agency or airline
- Rewards Points cannot be spent towards open ended travel and dates for all flight bookings have to be confirmed when making the Flight Reward booking
- We are unable to hold a Flight Reward booking on a Members behalf. Flight Reward tickets must be ticketed at the time of booking
- In some cases, Flight Rewards are eligible to collect airline frequent flyer programme points - it is the Member’s sole responsibility to ensure frequent flyer points are collected from eligible and participating airlines
- We reserve the right to change the pricing for Flight Rewards at any time without prior notice
- When making a Flight Reward booking, the name(s) provided at the time of booking must be the full name of the person(s) travelling, as it appears on their passport - proof of identity will be required at check-in
- Each passenger must have a valid passport or travel document and details must be provided as part of the Flight Reward booking process
- It is the sole responsibility of each passenger to have all appropriate travel documents required by law in their possession upon departure
- Electronic tickets will be issued and sent to the Members registered email address
- We are not responsible for the fulfillment of special requests (e.g. meal choices, seat allocation). The Member will need to contact the airline directly for all special requests
- Following the Flight Reward booking, any flight updates will not be communicated by My Rewards Points. The airline or travel agency will make best endeavours to communicate any flight updates to you, however it is the passengers ultimate responsibility to check flight timings
- After the Flight Reward booking has been confirmed and the ticket(s) issued, any changes or cancellations are subject to applicable fare rules and fees will apply
Hotel Booking Policy:
- Hotel bookings are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the Hotel.
- Hotel booking prices apply for the room stay only unless specified otherwise at the time of booking. All additional costs are the liability of the primary guest and payable to the hotel directly. An additional My Rewards Points Customer Services Centre booking fee applies for bookings made via the call centre. No booking fee applies for online bookings. Hotel bookings must be booked in the name of the primary guest who should be at least 18 years of age at the time of check-in.
- Hotel bookings are non-transferable.
- A valid photo identification will be required at the time of check-in for each guest member.
- Only one hotel booking can be made per redemption. Maximum number of people that can be booked at a hotel per redemption is 9
- A deposit payment may be required by the hotel at the time of check-in.
- Expenses incurred during the hotel stay including telephone charges, pay television, meals (unless specified), laundry, room service, mini bar, tips etc are additional costs which must be paid directly to the hotel at the time of check-out.
- Check-in and check-out times are as per the hotel terms and conditions.
- Special requests (e.g. interconnecting rooms, adjacent rooms, rooms on the same floor, certain specific type of rooms etc) should be requested with the hotel directly and are subject to availability at the time of check in and at the hotel discretion.
- After the hotel booking has been confirmed changes or cancellations can only be made if permitted within the hotel rules of the booking and charges will apply, payable with your credit card
Flight and Hotel Booking Amendments and Cancellations Policy
- Amendments and cancellations can only be made if permitted within the terms and conditions of the travel booking from the airline, hotel or car rental provider.
- Amendments and cancellations must be made by calling the My Rewards Points Customer Service Centre between 8am and 5pm (Oman time) Sunday to Thursday, excluding Government and National holidays and at least 1 working day prior to date of flight departure and hotel check-in .
- In the event that amendments or cancellations are made directly with the airline and hotel provider My Rewards Points will be unable to subsequently change, cancel or refund your booking.
- An amendment fee of OMR 15applies to each amendment to any hotel booking, or per passenger for flight bookings. This fee is in addition to any fees applied by the applicable flight and hotel provider.
- A cancellation fee of OMR 15 applies to each cancellation to any hotel booking, or per passenger for flight bookings. This fee is in addition to any fees applied by the applicable flight and hotel provider.
- Refunds can only be credited to the original payment card used
- Any amendment or cancellation fees imposed by the flight and hotel provider must be paid by a Visa, MasterCard or JCB credit card only
- For flight bookings only date changes can be made. Airport changes, re-routing and flight upgrades are not permitted.
- In instances where amendments result in a higher price customers must pay the additional cost as money with a Visa, MasterCard or JCB credit card only. In instances where amendments result in a lower price a refund of My Rewards Points or money will not be given.
- In the event of any permitted cancellations all applicable cancellation fees must be paid with a Visa, MasterCard or JCB credit card prior to any refund being provided. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of the applicable cancellation fees being paid.
- For bookings made using My Rewards Points that have subsequently expired the expired Miles will be forfeited and not credited back in the event of a cancellation.
- Failure to travel or cancel the flight booking within the required timeframe will result in the travel booking being forfeited. Forfeited travel bookings are no longer valid and are non refundable.
- Refunds are not available for partially used flight booking tickets, hotel stays or car rentals.
- We accept no responsibility for any loss from or related to:
- Travel cancellation or delay
- Loss or damage to luggage or other property
- Personal accident or sickness suffered while travelling
- Refund charges
- Any other circumstances arising from Spending of Rewards Points outside the control of My Rewards Points
- The airlines and other Reward suppliers providing travel or other services are independent contractors and not agents or employees of My Rewards Points
- We are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any suppliers
- We have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeur
Frequent Flyer Partner Conversion
- Rewards Points can be converted into Frequent Flyer Programme (‘FFP”) Miles for selected FFPs within the My Rewards Points programme. The selection of participating FFP partners in the My Rewards Points programme is at the discretion of My Rewards Points and subject to change without prior notice.
- To convert Rewards Points to FFP Miles, members must already have the relevant FFP account set up and must provide their FFP membership number to My Rewards Points. It is the members responsibility to provide a correct and valid FFP membership number. My Rewards Points will not be liable for any Rewards Points transferred based on inaccurate information provided.
- The converted Rewards Points will be transferred to the FFP membership account within 10 working days of conversion.
- The conversion of Rewards Points into FFP Miles is also subject to terms and conditions imposed by the respective FFP partner. Please see the relevant FFP’s website for more information.
- Rewards Points will be converted to FFP Miles at the rate specified at the time of conversion. The conversion rate is subject to change and My Rewards Points reserves the right to change conversion rates without prior notice
- Following the submission of a conversion request, the conversion may not be cancelled Rewards Points which have been converted to FFP Miles cannot be converted back to Rewards Points.
8. Your privacy
- As the operator of the My Rewards Points programme we recognise your trust is fundamental to the value of the programme, therefore we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information has always been a fundamental principle in our relationship with you, our partners and reward providers.
This privacy commitment demonstrates how we will ensure the confidentiality and privacy of the information you entrust us with.
- What information will we use?
By participating in the My Rewards Points Programme, we will collect and use information about you within your account. This information includes your registration details, information about the use of your HSBC Premier and Advance credit card, shopping purchases and other information that you give us (together "your information").
This information will allow us to administer the My Rewards Points programme - including the management of member accounts, to accurately record and update Rewards Points balances including spending of Rewards Points.
Periodically you may be asked to provide additional personal information via market research or surveys. Your ‘member information’ is processed and stored in secure and confidential databases in Dubai, UAE. If you choose not to provide this information, it will not affect your ability to collect or spend Rewards Points.
- How will your information be used?
Your information may be analysed to see how you use the My Rewards Points programme, to understand your shopping behaviour and to send you) information and offers for the products or services which are most likely to interest you.
You automatically agree to receive these communications in order to enjoy the benefits of participating in My Rewards Points programme.
- Who will we share your information with?
We will only share your information within HSBC, My Rewards Points programme and with companies participating with My Rewards Programme.
- We protect your information, our business depends on it.
We do not give, rent or sell member lists from the My Rewards Programme to any organisation or individual other than business units of HSBC, reward providers and companies contracted to process and manage your transactions, Rewards Points spend requests and communications.
You may contact us by logging into our website or by contacting the My Rewards Points customer service centre. We may record your calls to check the quality of our services for training, audit or security purposes.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional communications in electronic, printed or verbal format, simply update your account details at www.myrewardspoints.com or write to email@example.com. Your ability to collect or spend Rewards Points will not be affected. Once you have opted out, you will not be notified of any special offers or promotions. This opt out is not applicable to communications relating to the management of your account, changes to the programme or the holding companies.
You may contact us by logging into our website or by contacting the My Rewards Points customer service centre.